Is the stock current Mac Pro ok?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by powerbook911, May 16, 2008.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I've been considering purchasing a Mac Pro.

I would most likely prefer to get the stock configuration system. I'd then add memory myself and another hard drive, but is the stock system ok otherwise?

I'm mainly asking because of the graphics card. I don't use anything graphics intensive. I am just going to be using it mainly for my everyday tasks and to seriously cut down my video encoding times.

Plus, I could always upgrade the video card at some point myself, couldn't I?

I just hate the stock system doesn't have an airport card. Seems silly, but I could plug it right into the network.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes, you can upgrade the grpahics card later. If you just keep your computer in one place, not having an airport card won't matter.

3. Oldschoolwax macrumors member

4. OddThomas macrumors regular

OddThomas

Yes current model is great!!

I am purchasing the following:
    MacPro 2.8 - 8 core - will go into store and pick it up next week and get company discount.

Placed Order To be delivered next week
    - 3 X WD640 drives from OWC
    - 8 gig RAM from OWC
    - new Samsung 22" T220 from Amazon.. this will hold me till new Apple ACDs come out who knows when.. but soon! i hope. cause that is what i really want. If they take to long will order new Samsung 24" T240 in July.