Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icon4x

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Boston
I have been switching from Win98 to a G5 Mac tonight. I am using iPhoto to import my photos from my old PC that I burned to CD. :mad: 150 meg total is taking forever, and that is just one folder of pictures. I have 4 more folders to go, but they aren't as large. Is it the Superdrive that is so slow??? It is a 1.6 GHz G5 system with 1 gig of RAM that I just recieved today.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
icon4x said:
I have been switching from Win98 to a G5 Mac tonight. I am using iPhoto to import my photos from my old PC that I burned to CD. :mad: 150 meg total is taking forever, and that is just one folder of pictures. I have 4 more folders to go, but they aren't as large. Is it the Superdrive that is so slow??? It is a 1.6 GHz G5 system with 1 gig of RAM that I just recieved today.
i have a QS G4, and my superdrive imports off a cd far faster than "forever". It's not lighting quick, but 150 megs would take me no more then 10 seconds to import once the computer initialized the cd/dvd drive. sounds like somethings funky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.