Is the third party keyboard scrolling issue fixed in 8.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by richard371, Oct 8, 2014.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I'm referring to the issue when you go into a text message, type, exit, and go back into the message. The third party keyboard pops up and you have to manually scroll to the bottom of the message thread to see what you are typing.

2. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Not as of iOS 8.1 beta 2.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

It seems it scrolls to the bottom if you're higher up in the conversation but if you're already at the bottom and you bring up the keyboard, it doesn't push things up.

4. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yea that's annoying. It doesn't do it with the Apple KB so its something Apple needs to fix.

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

That one bug alone basically makes 3rd party keyboards unusable for me.

6. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

I agree. Im not using any until this is fixed.

7. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Messages just has all kinds of unique weirdness. For instance, the issue where the system randomly reverts back to the Apple keyboard seems to be pretty much fixed in 8.1 – except for Messages. It happens all the time in Messages, and it will happen for individual people. As in, if I'm talking to one person it always brings up the Apple keyboard, but if I message a different person it will bring up the third-party keyboard. To fix it, I have to go and change it back to the third-party keyboard for each specific conversation where this is happening. This seems to mostly happen if you tap a notification to go to a message thread.

Fortunately, this behavior seems limited to the Messages app, and even when Messages has reverted to the Apple keyboard, other apps still show the right one (in 8.0.2 the reversion seemed to be system-wide when it happened.)