Is the Trackpad that smart?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WindowsTraitor, Feb 13, 2009.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

I have noticed today that the track pad is acting weird. (early 2008)

I usually use my right index finger to move the arrow around, but sometimes it happens that I may want to use the left index, and why not, the middle finger too....

But when I change fingers, sometimes i cannot get the arrow to move.

Does the trackpad recognize the fingers?? I know it sounds stupid, but either my trackpad is broken, or it has some "mental issues"

Please explain.

Actually I am just trying now, and it does not work with my left hand...

This thing is possessed !!!!!!!!!

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Depending which computer you have, yes it can, and it can recognise different combinations too.

3. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

I have the Early 2008 15" so it has the multitouch. Nevertheless it feels weird. Maybe I just realized it now.

It just does not feel normal. Could the moshi palmguard affect the performance?

4. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Wow, seriously? Do you have any articles or whatsoever which talks more about this?

5. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I too have a non Uni MBP 15- and ive had this same problem. I use my right index finger for everything, and mine just randomly quit working before. I peeled off my moshi palm guard and it worked(besides the freaking duck tape like residue left behind) contacted moshi and they sent me a new one. Then last week it quit working again, but it would work with my left hand. Its not due to callus, and it also messes up if some one else uses it. But then it randomly started working again. So idk, it works fine now, i didnt have to peel the moshi film off, but im pretty sure its to blame.

6. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the tip. I removed the trackpad section, and now it works normal again.

When it removed it, as you said, there was a residual glue, mostly in the middle. I think that is the cause of the problem.

The sensitivity was lost mostly in the middle, where the residual glue was present. I assume that as the glue gets harder then it does not allow the trackpad to "feel" the finger any longer.

Most important thing is that the problem is fixed.

Thank you.

ps. I removed the glue with a microfiber lens tissue and warm water. (Turned off the computer)

7. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

E mail moshi and theyll send you a new one- they need to know about this problem, i was told theyve never heard of this before. I used a drop of soap and a paper towel to get my residue off. Mine started messing up when my mac got hot ripping a dvd. then it messed up the next day. But after it sat in my car in the cold for an hour or two later in the day it works great, idk, maybe the glue expanded and then cooled and got a closer fit- but it still is working great now- and l pretty much love the texture of the film too, and other than messing up..no loss in sensitivity---you should repost as "everyone with moshi palm guard should read!!!!"