Is the Twitter app slow, or is it just my phone?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mossme89, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

I know people's biggest gripe in the past was that the facebook app was so slow, that's been fixed. But one thing I'm noticing now is that the Twitter app is very slow, with it occasionally becoming unresponsive and/or crashing. Or maybe it's my phone, I have an iPhone 4. What do you think?

2. CrossX macrumors member

In iPhone 5 it opens nearly in 5,6 seconds, so it should be slow for 4. Just thinkin how can text based application cannot be instant?

3. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Is virtually unuseable on my iPhone 5 when trying to view users' thumbnail pics on their profile.

4. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

On my 4S it is pretty good. Wouldn't say it's fast, but its not slow either. It has never crashed on me either, or become unresponsive.

I don't think it's your iPhone either. The twitter app has a reputation for being rather sluggish and not all that great, so it might be better to use another app such as twitterific or tweetbot.

5. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Once you get tweetbot, you'll never want to go back to the official twitter app. It costs less than a cup of coffee, get it & I promise you you won't regret it :)