Is the Verizon iPhone6 shipped active?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tshank, Dec 2, 2014.

1. tshank macrumors member

I want to buy an iphone6 for my wife for christmas. Im sure she will love it.

My question is, will the iphone be activated when it arrives? Or will it only activate after i power it on and run through the on screen activation?

I ask because all the the contract / activation fee info states there are so many days after activation that it can be returned.

I dont want to be stuck with a 35$ fee for activation and additional costs if we need to return this after the 25th.

So if we activate the phone on the 25th, will the activation date be the 25th, or when we receive the phone from fedex?

2. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

Just bought an ip6 earlier this week and while reading some of the fine print on returns, etf's etc saw something about an extension of return time during the holidays. Pretty sure it was on the vzw site I saw it, maybe you can find confirmation of the longer trial periods.

3. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

From Verizon site. It doesn't specify if the iPhone 6 is included. You should call them and ask:

Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).

This return and exchange policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepaid Plan.

All purchases made between November 27 and December 31, 2014 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2015. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange Policy still apply.

4. newellj macrumors 601

Purchase date is what it is...fwiw, my contract-renewed iPhone 6 came out of the sealed box at the Apple Store already activitied on my account. I'd call for clarification.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

They do not activate in advance. If they and deactivated your current phone, you would be out of service for a few days while in transit. Pretty sure customers would not put up with that crap.

6. newellj macrumors 601

As I said, my upgrade came out of the box at the Apple Store already activated in the sealed box. However, it's very possible that the salesperson had sent something to the phone or had done something with my online order to activate it. My other phone, which was an out-of-contract full retail price purchase, was not activated when I opened the box.

Nostresshere is right that it wouldn't make any sense for Apple or the carrier to activate the phone if they were shipping it, since it would knock your existing phone off the air.