Is the Wait For Bluray worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iD4V3, Mar 27, 2010.

1. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

Hey Everyone! :)
    Im hoping to buy a Macbook Pro very soon.

but i was wondering should i wait until later in the year and see if a bluray version comes out?

My current vaio FW has bluray and i just pre-ordered Avatar on bluray
    :D

what do you guys think?

thanks a bunch! :)

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Due to Jobs being who he is we will still only have sd-movies on dvd and not hd-movies on blu-ray on the mac in 2015. Not even homemade blu-ray is allowed to be recorded on the mac as it is. Be happy if you live in a country that have highly compressed rips sold in the itunes store. That is all we will get if that. Just download a torrent, that is what Jobs want.

3. mitchleeh macrumors regular

No. I doubt bluray will happen this year. Besides, I would want to enjoy Avatar (or any other bluray movie) on a bigger screen than 13"-17" - wouldn't you?

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Buy a dedicated player or a PS3. I would wait to see what the new MBPs will be like, but that is because the new Intel processors and the optional anti-glare for the 13" MBPs. I see no chance for Blu Ray, or at least not in a way that makes it worth buying.

5. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

Thanks guys, i own a ps3 ill be using that for Avatar most definitly:). Though being able to watch in on the move would be nice too:). Ill prob just get one soon then, what do you guys think apple will put in the mbps this year?

6. miniroll32 macrumors 6502a

miniroll32

I'd say just buy an external Blu-Ray drive :) You can get them for as cheap as £120, or if you opt for a Mac Pro, as little as £60 on Amazon.

7. thabends macrumors member

What is with this statement? Everyone says it. Lots of us want to make blu-ray movies or have giant monitors or HDTVs that we hook our laptops up to. It is absolutely ridiculous that Apple won't put a blu-ray drive in their machines. They've always advertised themselves as "media" computers.