Is the wait that necessary for me?..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by illmatic715, Mar 19, 2010.

1. illmatic715 macrumors newbie

Ok I've seen a lot of people saying if I need to wait or not but I've never owned a mac and I just wanted to let you know, that I will be, for the majority, using Logic Pro to make beats, internet, itunes, downloading movies or albums here and there, but say if I get the current 13" macbook pro would it be enough to run the internet itunes and logic pro at once smooth with no problems (hypothetical situation) meaning like that would be my max use of it at once. I don't do any video editing or graphic designing, or photoshop. I just wanna be able to browse, make music, create and use everything smoothly. I fell in love with mac os and the screen is mad beautiful. And if anything, if the new mbps will be better in the long run, I don't mind waiting for the refreshment, its just I have such a desire to get one asap and get to using logic pro lol. Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You'll be fine with the current model. In fact, my 2 year old MBP can do all of that and more just fine. Don't buy into all the hype about hypothetical updates. By one now and enjoy it while everyone else plays the waiting game.

3. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

you would be fine with a c2d. I would upgrade to 4gb of ram though.

4. Wacky Jackson macrumors member

Wacky Jackson

I was in the same situation as you are in right now. I mostly use itunes, some internet browsing, and downloads things. You can do this all at the same time with multiple tabs open on my browser and it still runs smoothly. I have the high end 13" so 2.56ghz and 4gb of ram. Most people who are waiting do photo/video editing so need they need the bump up of processor.

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

one thing to remember....after this long between updates, theres a more and more likely chance that it will be more than just a 'spec bump' at the next update. (my opinion, i don't claim to have any inside info or extra knowledge)

6. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Ushering a whole new buggy platform that you'll want to wait 6+ months until they update - so non-early-adopters can buy. ;)

7. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

meh, AT LEAST do yourself a favor and wait until tuesday, its only a few days away : )

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

The existing MBPs will work just fine given your needs. Still, with the major refresh coming up, it may be a decent idea to wait. If you can't, you could also buy a used MB or MBP and upgrade it to the latest model later (if so desired).

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Are you authorized to be rational in a thread like this?:p

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Oops! I forgot which crowd I was talking to! Sorry! :D

11. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Current 13" macbook pro can do more than just that. If you can wait, wait for the i7 if not just get one today because either machine can handle all of what you've described easily.