Is the white bezel distracting?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freemini, Mar 12, 2011.

1. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

I just can't decide, I grew tired of black(2 black iPods, 2 black iPhones, 1 black iPad) so I want to try something new. BUT I read that the white is kinda distracting. I don't want to be distracted by the bezel, I would prefer getting another black iPad. And I can't wait to see in store since it's gonna sell out really fast online(I'm in Norway BTW). So white iPad 2 owners, is it distracting?

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Not as distracting as you posting a new thread about a topic that has already been posted numerous times.

To answer your question, IMO, yes it is.

3. navanod macrumors member

No.
    It actually hides the finger prints on the bezel too!
    I'm happy I decided white with zero regret.
    To be honest, I think many are being negative because most feel it is more feminine. In other words they are insecure.

4. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

This is one, in a long list, of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in this forum. You're going to reduce people's color preference to gender, and their security with their's?

5. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

I'm surprised you went the gender route and not the racist one :p Black for life for me

6. eplasm macrumors newbie

It is not an insecure issue or fingerprint issue ... it is deeper than that... it is the fact that if there was no Bezel we would be happy, right?

7. Fireworld macrumors member

Nope, and i wanted the black but while was all they had left. i'm very happy with it.:D

8. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

How bout this? I HATE WHITE! I don't buy white cars, I don't buy white clothes, I bought the BlackBook, and every other Apple product with a choice between black or white, I bought black. What does that say about me? Am I a woman trapped in a man's body? OR am I a gay man afraid to admitted it? OR am a just a guy who prefers black, Dr.?

9. ozred macrumors 6502

10. eplasm macrumors newbie

Is this your first born ipad, as it were? I am exctied for you as to get your hands on any new ipad today was a serious commitment of time and determination. No matter the bezel it will soon capture your focus and keep you moving forward

11. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't start threads like this. People are just going to defend their choices.

its just kids in here.

12. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

And the OP is some wise, sage man, as are you? What you just said, is basically what I said in the first reply.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

[​IMG]
    :(

14. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did I said that? He started this thread didn't he. People should just be happy with their choices. And not bash others for picking a different colour. Like you are doing

I did that. When I went to a kindergarden.

Be an adult.

Some people like a others like b. It's just childish to bash on them. Its so sad. Just be happy with your choice. And be happy for others as well

15. eplasm macrumors newbie

That all that is important since you just spent the money for her 5 new pairs of shoes (just kidding, ok?)

16. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I am not bashing anyone. I AM taking issue with the gender reference. I don't care what color car or iPad anyone buys, but when someone says; "people are insecure with their gender because they buy or don't buy a certain color", I have an issue with that. What did you learn about that in kindergarten?

17. eplasm macrumors newbie

I agree with you. but this is not so kindergarden you might think ... but if you were getting it for your daughter or son as a learning tool , I would go for the white version as it is like a book and bright and easy to read and math could be fun to learn--- light-years above a speak and spell ... on the other side is male adults who already think that black is cool and works for them. Then is the feminine aspect of white ... and peoples snap perception of you if you whip out your white ipad ... humans are so maladjusted it is retarded. Defined by the color of your Ipad so pick it appropriately .... ?

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Nope. Not distracting for me, but then again I have superior mental control.

19. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

+1

20. funkeruski macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I went with white, and I'm glad I did. And while
    I still have a small penis, I'm the same man I was when I owned the black ipad 1.

21. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Well in that case the white ipad is for you.

22. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I'm quite easily distracted, take medication for ADD, and yet I have been able to master the white iPad without any difficulties.

23. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

I got a white iPad, and it has been quite distracting at times. I don't know how he knows so many racial slurs, and he says them so loudly! I wish he would be more polite. Nothing at all feminine about him.

24. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Just think, years from now you can tell your grand kids " Don't cry to me about distraction! When I was young we had to use tablets with bezels."