Is the White iPhone easy to keep clean????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beast, Jul 13, 2008.

1. beast macrumors member

I've got a black 16Gb 3G iPhone and my sister is thinking about getting a White one..... aside from the fingerprint issue, does the white plastic back collect dirt like the mighty mouse???

2. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I'd say it's a little too early to tell yet. It doesn't feel like the same type of plastic, though. It feels much slicker, if you know what I mean. My guess is that there's some type of coating.

3. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

No problems keeping mine clean here. No case either. Ive had to wipe off the screen many times already, but the back Ive only wiped off maybe once. Havent had any problems with dirty spots and you cant see smudges or fingerprints on the white :D

4. reboad macrumors member

The back is a little dust magnet, swipe with your hand and it looks clean again :rolleyes:

5. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

No problems here either, I ran it for a day without a cover and it was better on the back then all the finger prints on the front. Now I have it covered with a invisible shield so all is much better. Go for it!

6. PJF13 macrumors member

Very easy to keep clean so far. I have not had any fingerprints that I've noticed and have only wiped the back a couple times out of habit while I'm wiping down the front.

The white is very no muss, no fuss. :D

7. SevrdSaint macrumors newbie

warning!

i have the white 16gb, 3g and i bought the incipio Orion slide case to protect it. BAD move! after a week, the phone now has light brown "burn" marks on it from sliding in & out of the case.

i'm hoping to find some way to get the white back to actual white (if anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate it!). i also wised-up and got a griffin "reflect" for protection.

S.

8. Stepper macrumors regular

My white 3g looks like I just got it from the shop, naked with a bodyguardz on the front :cool:

9. muckymucky macrumors member

muckymucky

Invisibleshield coloration of the white~

i wear some dark denims that are famous at spotting white sneakers with blue stripes so with the invisibleshield on my white, there is clearly some blue and black rubbed onto the entire skin~ no pictures to show but if you wear heavy denim + invisibleshield, the shield will turn into a darker shade of clear~ (grey tint) and the difference between the white body (still perfect) and the greyed skin is clearly visible.

sorry no pictures atm.

10. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Mine seems easy enough to keep clean I rarely look at the back though. I wipe it off about once every few days.

11. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I played with the Black and White at the Apple store and quickly noticed the fingerprints on the Black one. I chose white and it stays pretty clean looking. Of course, if you work on cars all day and have gressy hands it might be different for you. I couldnt imagine having a white iPhone back when I was turning wrenchs.

12. juice831 macrumors member

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I've owned 4 White iPhone 3Gs and the back doesn't really get dirty or scratch. It's funny actually... I bought a plastic case and I had it on my iPhone for 1 day only and the case got all scratched up like crazy! Having the iPhone out of the case the rest of the time and there's still no scratches... they used some sort of scratch resistant coating or something I guess.

14. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.