Is the XBOX 360 resident evil limited edition reliable?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by blueion, May 1, 2009.

1. blueion macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I was just wondering if the red xbox 360's were generally reliable. Is it better than previous console versions or do they still have failure problems? Is there any real evidence for the issues or is it just all what users have reported?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I think they are all Jasper units (ie. the newest chipset) so they SHOULD be the most reliable. However, the new problem (single red light) that MS has recently begun paying for happens on even the newest units according to people around t3h interwebz...

3. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

I am not sure, but let me tell you , xbox is most likely to crash on you(after all , its a windows brother:p) . What is good is that I believe you get a 3 year free warranty and replacement for your 360 if it goes RROD. It only takes a couple of weeks to fix it.

Basically, if you buy 360 today, you are covered up until almost the next console generation is out. If any thing goes wrong, its just a 2 weeks wait. So thats alright.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The Jasper are meant to be most reliable, however as someone who has owned 2 360's - an elite and a premium from launch 2005, neither have EVER ringed out on me.

Yes it's pot luck, but with a decent 3 year warranty under it's arm - the 360 is a safe bet.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

LOL:D good one MRU. The new menace to the 360 is the E74 thing but I think its now covered under the 3 year plan so you should be safe in that aspect.(I know you were saying the same thing MRU, I'm pulling your leg)

You can only pray for the best with 360 because so far everything they do doesn't help...good luck man.

Bless

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

As long as it's just my leg your pulling :p

7. robotartfashion macrumors 6502

i've had one for about a year now (the pro version, white one) and have never had a problem let alone a red ring (knock on wood)

there are tons of reports but there are far more people who haven't had problems

between that and the newest features i think you'll be just fine