Is their ANYway (possible) to jailbreak an Iphone 4s 5.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FatGuy007, Apr 9, 2012.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

I know I am stupid for upgrading + more battery drain in 5.1. Ok, so I upgraded to 5.1, I think it was the biggest iphone mistake I've done. I am stuck with a non-jailbroken Iphone for nearly a month, and since everybody knows you can't downgrade a5's I'm stuck with a boring regular Iphone. Please do not say Patience or Waiting in an answer, if you can't find anything just say it is impossible, and their still working on it.
    I do not have any shsh blobs sadly :(

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I know, I was on regular Iphone for 2 years, but it is just that their is this really cool theme I discovered and everytime I see a vid, the more I wanna jailbreak it.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Meh, IMO hardly worth the trouble for a trinket or bauble.

5. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

In the same boat as you are.
    Just need to wait.

6. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Without constantly checking this forum on a daily basis, is there any way for us to know when an untethered Jailbreak for the 4S with 5.1 is released? Will they announce on the MacRumors main page?

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

No they won't announce it on MR but they will here http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

8. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Chances are u probably won't see a JB until the next iPhone, who knows..

10. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

The A5 5.0.1 jailbreak was a front page story.

11. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It's been just 1 day.
    You are going to need to find a whole lot of patience.
    New jailbreak tools are going to be some time.
    No ETA

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

fallow musclenerd and pod2g on twitter if there is any news they will talk about it. last word is it's several weeks away and that wasn't long ago. I suggest you spend your time learning about jailbreaking. it only benefits you! oh lesson one is free stay away from Apples pretty new IOS's if you want to keep your jailbreaks.

14. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I heard pod2g found all the exploits but they have to put it all toeher, which can ate 1 - 2 months min. Might aswell just wait for ios6 which is coming out in about 6 weeks.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

16. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Indeed. His poll ends on Wednesday.

17. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Its like the hackers are purposely forgetting about us, they have for the rest including the new iPad.

18. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Are you kidding me?! They're forgetting to do something that is increasingly difficult for you FOR FREE?!

You have got to be one of the most incompetent people I've seen on here. I don't want to be entirely rude, but let's review:

-you ask for information that is already readily available
    -you screw up your own jailbreak due to not researching properly beforehand
    -you whine about someone not giving you something for free on your timetable.

Seriously, just stop. Nobody wants to hear it. Follow tha hackers on Twitter, read this forum, & sit on your hands when it comes to posting about this again.

Count yourself luck when & if the dev team bails you out of your own stupid mistake & take it as a lesson to actually do your homework before messing with your device.

19. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

It wasn't an insult, it was just a notification that the jailbreakers have to realise how many people are waiting for this.
    Btw you were entirely rude, so I think you should maybe be a lil more honest.
    And honestly I did not want to start a fight, I was just asking a questions.

Oh, and I did my homework. Ask my mom or dad.

20. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

There are at least three ways. Figure out how to replicate their methods or create your own :) You could start by pre-ordering that book they are hawking on amazon.

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Seems you have a strong sense of entitlement to receiving a jailbreak without being forced to wait.

As another poster reminded you, we get these jailbreaks from the hackers because we do not have the skills to construct them ourselves. Trying to impose your timetable or pressure on the hackers just won't work, honestly it shows lack of patience and immaturity.

As far as doing your homework, perhaps you should re-read the opening sentences of your own post. :rolleyes:

Not being rude, just trying to point out the truth in this situation.

22. labman, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

labman macrumors 604

labman

Bottom line you choose to upgrade most of us are still on 5.0.1 because we knew it weeks posibly months. @pod2g is even considering keeping these expoits till 6.0 is released. This is why we just don't upgrade. I hope the improved battery life was worth it. Doesn't sound like it was.

23. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure if you are a grammar nazi or I just really suck at spelling :)
    My essays are much better just trust me.

and btw, I did not update it, since ios 5 have the new auto-update in its settings. I am just pointing out its been nearly 2 months, they came out with tethered for a4 and below the first week of 5.1. AND ipad 3 5.1 the next week. I know its a pretty hard progress of the amount of security apple put in their hardware. I would try, but I am studying to be a physician not A ENGLISH TEACHER :p