Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
ios 7 dock in iphone 5 is too blurred,it makes the wallpaper n screen look odd... so is ther a way to make it transparent ?

djokus

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
It bothers me terribly...
New option for transparency settings would be great...also for notification center!

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
If it was transparent, the dock icons would just blend in with the rest the icons on the home screen.

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
One of the many bad features of iOS 7.

No its a good feature. Unacceptable opinion of you rizzn. You dont use your phone to stare at your wallpaper. Unacceptable.

Apologize to apple right now! i demand you too!:D :p:p

Just having fun with you. It's not like im going through my period or anything.

That said, it's one of buggies list. But it's not a top annoyance. i DON'T really use my phone to stare at my wallpaper, so I just use a gradient colour image as background.

applesandsuch

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2013
If it was transparent, the dock icons would just blend in with the rest the icons on the home screen.

You can separate the dock with some other type of graphic. I remember some early screenshots had a line above the dock but the rest was transparent.

The way it is right now it's an awkward effect and basically cuts off a 1/6th of the wallpaper.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
I don't really mind the dock on the phone so much, but my god does it look terrible on the iPad.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
they just need to go back and rethink their approach. They have designed a frosted ice look, instead dial up the translucency and create a stained glass one instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.