Is there a 3G/3GS case that meets these criteria?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by odysseus, Sep 25, 2009.

1. odysseus macrumors member

1. Hard plastic exterior (thus excluding iSkin solo)
    2. No cutout on back for Apple logo (thus excluding Seidio Innocase II)
    3. Not bulky (thus excluding Speck CandyShell)
    4. Doesn't completely cover bezel (thus excluding Incase Slider and Innocase) but offsets screen to protect from falling on face
    5. Nothing weird or ugly on back and doesn't split case in middle (thus excluding Agent18 Ecoshield Slider)
    6. Doesn't quickly show scratches (thus excluding Griffin Reveal?)

2. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I believe my case meets your criteria. I got it off eBay. Got 5 of them (in different colors) for $15 bucks. I spend hundreds of dollars in cases over the past year, and oddly enough, this is the one I'm most happy with (and it's the cheapest too.)

Hard plastic with a soft feel. Slides in/out of pocket easily. Doesn't add unnecessary bulk to the phone. Easy to get on/off. Doesn't scratch. Is very inexpensive and it's looks amazing (along with the apple logo on the back).

In the pic below, you can see a little of the chrome bezel on the front because I didn't have the case completely "snapped" on. Normally, you can't see the chrome bit at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. odysseus thread starter macrumors member

Ideally, I would see a bit of the chrome bezel, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Where does one find this on eBay?

4. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DigDuckDigital

That's to the store. The cases can be found in the "two main colors" option. When I bought mine, there was an option to buy 5 for $13.50. I only see them selling them individually now for $4.50 each. Still not bad.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

Sorry but that does cover the entire bezel, except for the part the bottom does not fit 100% on.

I do like the way that case looks...i said it

Whats funny is all of the cases you mentioned are all great cases! What else would you look for?
    I have used a iskin solo, slider, and candyshell of the ones you mentioned.

6. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Incipio Feather seems like it would fit your criteria...

7. kicko macrumors 65816

yes it does but its very very thin. If that matters for drop protection.

8. odysseus thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't cover the bezel enough to offset the screen to afford protection in a fall, does it?

I do need some degree of drop protection, but I'd like to avoid something as bulky (and hard to remove) as the Incase Slider.

How about something like the Innocase II without the cutout for the Apple logo?

9. kicko macrumors 65816

I totally love my incase slider right now but on the same idea and easier getting on and off is Rebel Scholar. I love my scholars too. I have 3.

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What is it about the cutout for the Apple logo that you don't like? You do know that there is a clear protective film that covers the logo, right? You can see the logo but you can't scratch the logo.

11. odysseus thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I didn't know that there's a clear protective film covering the logo. I don't care about scratching the logo, but I do care about letting dust and dirt in through a cutout ;-)

What about the problem of the tabs on the lower portion of the case breaking off?

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

The newer Innocases have that protective film for the logo - it's the only change from the old version. I didn't like the cutout either so that's why I upgraded from my old Innocase to the new one. I was actually using a piece of an old screen protector to protect my logo with the old version but that certainly did not prevent dust from getting in the hole. The new version is much better and I love the combination of looks, protection, and thinness.

As far as the tabs, mine haven't broken yet. The Innocase isn't like the iFrogz Luxe - it's much easier to put the Innocase on without worrying about the tabs. The Luxe was a real pain in the a$$ to take on and off and that was one of the many reasons I returned mine. As long as you you're careful, I don't see how you could break the tabs on the Innocase.

13. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

The bottom does fit, but like I said in my post above, I didn't have it "snapped" all the way on. Great case, love them.