Is there a app for lyrics in the app store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

like a app that automatically finds the lyrics for a song? That would be cool bc i cant put the lyrics on itunes bc i cant sync my ipod touch bc u all know why. So basically i have to buy all my songs , apps, ETC though my touch until i figure out how to fix my computer. Also when r they going to do copy and paste so i can just copy lyrics from safari and paste it in a song? That would be sweet.

2. Ezra12 macrumors member

There is I no apps that I know of that do that, BUT I do know is that you have to put the lyrics in itunes then connect the ipod touch/Iphone and you should have the lyrics....

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

It wouldn't work under the current rules for making apps, 3rd party apps aren't allowed to interract with/modify anything in other apps. As it would clearly involve having to access the music app and then edit the files in it, it wouldn't be allowed by Apple.

Saying that, there's plenty of apps out there for iTunes on your computer to fetch lyrics.

4. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

there are???!!!

pls, do tell.

5. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Harmonic does a fine job of fetching lyrics on your Mac, been using it and its lovely. It auto searches for lyrics for the current song playing and saves it into the song for you.

http://mindquirk.com/apps/harmonic/

6. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Will this save it into iTunes and therefore be on my itouch?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Did you even bother clicking on the damn link? It clearly says that.