Is there a App that adds folders into Camera Roll?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moviecouple, Jun 28, 2010.

1. moviecouple macrumors regular

Is there any app out there that allows you to add folders within the camera roll?

I know of apps like MY PHOTO ALBUM that allows you to add folders in the app itself... but the problem is that once there in their new folders, there is no way to transfer those photos to a MAC/PC. They simply don't show up.

2. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Not that I know of. I don't think it is possible with the current SDK, at least not with public frameworks.

With Photo/Video becoming a bigger feature in the new iPhone and iPad they should allow for some kind of on device organization that can be synced back to your PC. But they don't yet, hopefully 4.1 will add something.

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

What i do is import my photos to my computer and move the into different folders then sync those folders to my iPhone and they show up in different folders on the phone.

4. moviecouple thread starter macrumors regular

That's kinda what I was doing now, but I am going Europe for several weeks and won't have a pc to work with. I wanted to separate photos from the various locales I visit. Would make it so much easier to sort when I got home.

Is there any app out there that allows you to make folders and then transfer from the camera roll into them... And show up to sync once there in those folders?

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

"Places" should be able to help you sort the various locales.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I don't think that is possible as mentioned before with the current SDK (meaning Apple doesn't allow to create or manage folders on the camera roll), however if all you want to do is to separate the pictures by the places you are visiting, you can use the geotag on the pics, the iphone will tag the location where you take the phone (and in IO4 you can actually see them separated by location) once your trip is over you can have iPhoto Or even Picasa use that geotag to organized and separate the pics.

Hope it help!