is there a application to do QOS on osx

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anarchy99, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

is there a application to do QOS on osx
    i like maxing my torrents but it makes surfing in safari slow and also makes my online radio skip
    i dont want to throttle my downloads cause i want them to sqeeze every ounce of bandwidth they can
    so is there a way to set safari and starplayr to get all bandwidth needed and then the rest can go to transmission?

thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Transmission allows you to limit its bandwidth consumption.

3. Anarchy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

dont want to do that
    if i limited my torrents to say 1.2mbs but with safari and starplayr running i could hit 1.4mbs on some torrent without it affecting my surfing and music ability i want to
    i dont like having to keep tweeking my torrents up and down depending on my other internet stuff
    thats why i want to give the other programs priority

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You setup QoS through your router settings usually. I do not know of an Application for this. What kind of router do you have?

5. pooprscooper, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

pooprscooper macrumors regular

I'd also like to know of some apps to QoS in OSX.

Basically, when I'm not browsing the web, I'd want to give Transmission full use of my downstream but when I'm watching a youtube video for ex. I want the browser to have priority. If I'm using VOIP while also browsing, I want VOIP to have the highest priority.

I've tried WaterRoof but it doesn't work in 10.6 and it only lets you limit total bandwidth as a static rule, unlike true QoS.
    Throttled Pro only limits the upload bandwidth by a static rule as well.

I'm looking for something that does QoS on OSX. Any ideas?