Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
So I've been using the ArmorSuit screen protector for close to a year now on my Apple Watch SS 42mm screen and it's been good, never peeled off or anything like that from the corners etc, I just wish the feel of the screen protector was a little better because it feels sort of "rubbery" to the touch, anyways ,

Is there an even better screen protector available for purchase for the Apple Watch 42mm front glass than the ArmorSuit one?

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I'll be honest.. and this isn't helping you.. I use the exact same screen protector. Hasn't fallen off, looks basically as new as it was when I first put it on a year ago. I've purchased others but they are really "plastic" feeling so I didn't even bother putting them on the watch. I do wonder if a glass protector is any good on the watch? Anyone tried one of those?

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
So I've been using the ArmorSuit screen protector for close to a year now on my Apple Watch SS 42mm screen and it's been good, never peeled off or anything like that from the corners etc, I just wish the feel of the screen protector was a little better because it feels sort of "rubbery" to the touch, anyways ,

Is there an even better screen protector available for purchase for the Apple Watch 42mm front glass than the ArmorSuit one?

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010

What's the point of quoting my post without saying anything?

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
What's the point of quoting my post without saying anything?

Sorry my thumb slipped.

I agree armor suit is the best. And with their lifetime replacement, you get a constant supply. I placed two separate orders so I always have an extra film ready when one needs to be replaced

Mine is going several months without issue. My wife needs replacing every couple weeks. I don't ask questions.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Sorry my thumb slipped.

I agree armor suit is the best. And with their lifetime replacement, you get a constant supply. I placed two separate orders so I always have an extra film ready when one needs to be replaced

Mine is going several months without issue. My wife needs replacing every couple weeks. I don't ask questions.

How do I ask them for a replacement? My armosuit screen Protector that's installed on my Apple Watch 42mm ss is a bit scuffed up in one corner from me hitting a door, glad I had this screen protector installed otherwise that scratch would have destroyed the shappire glass of the Watch for sure,
I would like them to send me a replacement screen protector if it's possible I didn't even know they offered lifetime warrenty

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
How do I ask them for a replacement? My armosuit screen Protector that's installed on my Apple Watch 42mm ss is a bit scuffed up in one corner from me hitting a door, glad I had this screen protector installed otherwise that scratch would have destroyed the shappire glass of the Watch for sure,
I would like them to send me a replacement screen protector if it's possible I didn't even know they offered lifetime warrenty

Go to their website. They have a form you have to download, fill out, and send back. I include a picture of the current state of the protector - usually peeled. You have to pay shipping, like $1.99. Then once they approve it, they'll send you a new one and you send the old back.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Go to their website. They have a form you have to download, fill out, and send back. I include a picture of the current state of the protector - usually peeled. You have to pay shipping, like $1.99. Then once they approve it, they'll send you a new one and you send the old back.

Ok, sounds like kind of a hassle tbh I might just keep the protector I have installed on my Watch even though there is a visible nick in it from the impact it had to whistand, thank you though for the info

It's a great screen protector though I have to give them a thumbs up, it never peeled from any corners or anything or that sort, I just wish it "felt" less rubbery to the touch

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
Ok, sounds like kind of a hassle tbh I might just keep the protector I have installed on my Watch even though there is a visible nick in it from the impact it had to whistand, thank you though for the info

It's a great screen protector though I have to give them a thumbs up, it never peeled from any corners or anything or that sort, I just wish it "felt" less rubbery to the touch

It's really not a big deal. Will take you less than two minutes.

But I would wait for it to peel.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i use Zagg only because i hate hate putting the watch one on.... I ruined too many of them and i just go to the zagg kiosk at my local mall and in 5 minutes its done. I had to replace it twice as it started to peel at the corners... i don't really mind as it costs only 10 dollars but my watch looks brand new from day 1

I used the armorsuit too and it was good just putting it on way a pain wit the curved glass on the sides

rawlus

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Boston
Fwiw, I've never used a screen protector on my gen 1 watch and wear it every single day in every condition. Not a single scratch, chip or mark... sapphire crystals are among the toughest things out there. If it's good enough for a $500,000 Swiss watch, it's good enough for me.

Totally understand wanting to protect your investment, but if it comes at a sacrifice of enjoying it (doesn't feel right, rubbery, not like it should be) and the risk is extremely low for either breakage or damage.. then I wonder if it's worth it?

You have your reasons I'm sure, just wanted to give the perspective of someone who hasn't armore the watch and my direct experience thereof...

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
Fwiw, I've never used a screen protector on my gen 1 watch and wear it every single day in every condition. Not a single scratch, chip or mark... sapphire crystals are among the toughest things out there. If it's good enough for a $500,000 Swiss watch, it's good enough for me.

Totally understand wanting to protect your investment, but if it comes at a sacrifice of enjoying it (doesn't feel right, rubbery, not like it should be) and the risk is extremely low for either breakage or damage.. then I wonder if it's worth it?

You have your reasons I'm sure, just wanted to give the perspective of someone who hasn't armore the watch and my direct experience thereof...

I've got a sport- would probably feel the same if I had the steel.

But I am rethinking it. Main reason I used a protector was for resale value. But now after seeing the series 2, I'm not going to upgrade. By the time series 3 comes out, my original sport will be worth a pile of beans. Or Zunes.

BUT, armor suit doesn't feel rubbery at all. There's times I have to double check that it's even still on there.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I bought the IQ Shield protector for my original Apple Watch...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A078QNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Accidentally bought the matte version, which I wasn't too crazy about, had a bit of an orange peel texture that dulled the screen and made it look slightly pixelated. Other than that, I loved it - price was right (6 for $7), the installation was easy and went well, it covered the curve of the glass, and (other than the orange peel) couldn't really tell it was on.

This time around I ordered the same brand, but in "HD Clear..."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HDPWXJU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it works as well as the original and is clear to boot then I'm going to be very happy with it.

Some people seem to have problems with it peeling up at the edges. I only had mine a month and no sign of that. I kind of wonder if some of those people didn't install properly, there's a video you need to watch on their website that walks you through the process, nothing too difficult but a little involved.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
I bought the IQ Shield protector for my original Apple Watch...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A078QNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Accidentally bought the matte version, which I wasn't too crazy about, had a bit of an orange peel texture that dulled the screen and made it look slightly pixelated. Other than that, I loved it - price was right (6 for $7), the installation was easy and went well, it covered the curve of the glass, and (other than the orange peel) couldn't really tell it was on.

This time around I ordered the same brand, but in "HD Clear..."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HDPWXJU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it works as well as the original and is clear to boot then I'm going to be very happy with it.

Some people seem to have problems with it peeling up at the edges. I only had mine a month and no sign of that. I kind of wonder if some of those people didn't install properly, there's a video you need to watch on their website that walks you through the process, nothing too difficult but a little involved.

I have the Matte. No Glare but changes the look while the HD Clear does not.
I also don't have to clean the Matte as often.

Wish they would toss in one of each type in the box so you could experience each product then pick the one to your liking.
Both have been good.

Going to try one of the glass covers on the Series 2 when it ever gets here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.