Is there a better mouse or trackpad available?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NMF, Nov 12, 2011.

1. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

I've tried both the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad and couldn't be more disappointed with them. They both seem to work fine at first, but then my fingers start "sticking" to them and I can't use any of the touch features. It's a pain with the trackpad but even worse with the mouse; instead of swiping between spaces I end up just pushing the mouse around.

Is there a 3rd party alternative that actually works as it should?

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Not making a joke here, but do you wash your hands? I've never experienced that before (I use a Magic Trackpad).

As for mice, many folks have good luck with Logitech mice - I used a MX Revolution for quite some time before switching over to the trackpad.

3. NMF thread starter macrumors 6502a

NMF

Of course I wash my hands, and obviously that was the first thing I tried when this started happening. I've tried lotion too, which actually makes things worse. As for Logitch, do they have one with multitouch? That's the only reason I want to switch.

Also, is there an app that actually makes pinch-to-zoom work on the Magic Mouse? Because BetterTouchTool doesn't, and that's the only reason I downloaded the app.

4. scarred macrumors 6502a

You need to wipe down the magic track pad every few days. It really helps.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I found the Magic Mouse too small for multitouch gestures. I can't recommend it for that, although others may have had better luck with it.

6. NMF thread starter macrumors 6502a

NMF

There's just a ton of videos on YouTube showing people using pinch-to-zoome on the Magic Mouse, I just don't understand why it doesn't work for me. Did Lion break it? Why isn't there a pop-up or something in the app telling me it doesn't work?

I'm just frustrated with this whole situation. I sick of messing with settings, I want my stuff to just work how every logical-thinking person would expect it to.