Is there a Bright house TV app for Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by nealh, Dec 21, 2015.

1. nealh macrumors 6502

I have Bright House Cable and I have read that with other cable services (TWC and Verizon Fios) that you can use an application to view the TV services allowing you to no longer need a set top box.
    I purchased an AppleTV fourth-generation 32gb today at RadioShack for $99 and if I am able to replace a set top box this purchase pays for itself.

Does anyone know if there is an app that would allow me to do this with bright house cable TV. I have seen that there is a Time Warner cable app.

TIA

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Just go to the TV App Store and check. All available apps are listed on the App Store and may be downloaded from there.

3. nealh thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. But I prefer not to open it as I'm having seconds given what I see posted on some of the issues.

I will try to google the Apple TV App Store and see if they have a list of apps

4. UhFive macrumors regular

UhFive

RadioShack has a 30 days return policy even if the item is open...so rather than read all the negative things people post online, why don't you try it our yourself and see if it suits your specific needs. Not to mention you could see about that Bright House App.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have not seen any of the cable companies on the App Store. Hoping to see the TWC App or FIOS App ported from the iPad version but not yet. I assumed TWC had the best chance since it is already on Roku for some time. However, much like the ATV3 you can install a number of apps and then login with your credentials but again like ATV3. If you can't do it on ATV3 then maybe not. Also, have already seen several more that were not on ATV3. ATV4 is a significant upgrade to ATV3 mainly due to the App Store.

6. nealh thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What the what? The TV App Store is a built-in TV 4 app that allows you search, [purchase, if necessary] and download optional apps from Apple and third parties. The user controls every step of the process. The only differences among the TV App Store, Mac App Store, and the iTunes App Store are the UIs.