Is there a browser that will synch Chrome Bookmarks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dorfdad, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

I am looking for an iPad browser that will actively sync my google chrome bookmarks inside that application. I know there are apps which connect to your chrome desktop than allow you to click a link and it opens another app.

I am looking for one that will allow me to update my bookmarks from the iPad. I'm using iCab now and it allows firefox sync but no Chrome which I use 99% of the time.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have not tried this myself, but have seen others use XMarks on OS X to sync bookmarks between Chrome and Safari. Then you could just use iCloud to sync your OS X Safari bookmarks to Safari on your iPad.

3. Edge777 macrumors newbie

Apollo, or you can also use Chrome Sync and Safari (both use the same desktop extension). They sync bookmarks, open tabs, and history.

4. danny_w macrumors 601

Good luck trying to get the worthless iCloud sync to work though. It is the most frustrating experience that I have gone though in a long time and it still doesn't work for me. I have the exact same desire, syncing Chrome on the Mac s to Safari on the iPhone (or even all Safari everywhere would be nice too).

5. Jakimo macrumors 6502

I wonder, is there a way to have Chrome use the bookmarks HTML file for Safari? ..or do they use different formats?

I'd like to stay with Chrome on the Mac but I'd like everything in sync with Safari, this seems to be such a hard thing to do properly. Xmarks just a few days ago in a thread said that they still do not work with Lion..

So how about Safari / Chrome sharing same bookmarks file? Anyone tried?

thanks

6. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I use the Chrome bookmark export file and import it in to Safari then sync Safari with iCloud and it is good to go.

7. Jakimo macrumors 6502

So when you make changes to Safari how do those bookmarks sync with Chrome?

8. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I wish, but they don't. It's not a painstaking process overall and takes less than a minute. I'm more of a chrome centric user on other platforms so it's really a one flow from Chrome to Safari for me.

9. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Bookmark syncing - ugh. I tried multiple times to get iCloud syncing working but end up with 100's of copies of bookmarks in Safari that I can't seem to get rid of (have tried various solutions suggested and none have worked). I have turned it all off and now sync manually. It's not that big a deal as I don't change my bookmarks all that frequently, but it's stupid that this can't be done automatically. I have started using Chrome more and more and an auto sync for it would be nice.