is there a cable extension for the power adapter for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JSmoove05, Nov 27, 2007.

1. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

I find the power to be a bit too short is there anything longer out there or an extension thanks.

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

How short? You could just use an extension cord, but I don't think that's what you're asking...

3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Yes. should've received one when you bought your mbp

4. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

like the power adapter to the wall it seems like its kinda of short It always ends up falling out when I use it.

5. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I'm a bit confused. Do you mean the cable that goes from the wall to the power block, or the power block plugs right into the wall? Because if it's the latter, Apple should have included a cord that goes from the wall to the block, then there's the built-in cord that goes to your MBP.

I suspect you're saying the cord from the wall to the block is too short... In which case there's good news: If you look at the block, with the cable or the 2-prong flipper taken out, you'll see it's a standard AC type plug; Same as the kind you find on the back of DVD players, stereos, etc... You can easily pick up a longer one at your local electronics shop; Of course it won't match the plastic and all, but you'll get a longer cable than the Apple provided one.

HTH

6. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

You should have gotten something like this (same thing, but with the basic america wall hookup instead... i could only find a photo of whatever place this is for)

http://mactips.info/tips/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/out-of-the-box-9698.jpg

You can either attach the powerbrick directly into the wall, or you can swap out the corner piece with another 6 foot ? (not sure how long it is) cord like in the photo.... you should have gotten these cords with your computer.

If you don't mean that... then i guess just an extension cord.

7. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes thats wat i mean i just realized I have the other cable but I dont that little adapter I have no idea where to plug the 2 holes into.

8. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow iam a total idiiot I figured it out I had this MBP since June and I had no idea I even had this cable this is exactly what I was looking for now I have way more cable room so that the cord wont fall out. thanks again guys!!!!

9. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

you have to pop off the corner piece that you typically plug directly into the wall.... it comes off (piece with the 2 prongs in the photo... slide it off upwards (perpendicular to the prongs wen they are poking out) ... then you can slide the end of the extender cable into that... just don't lose the little iece you slid off incase you want it again! :)

10. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

11. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Thanks for this thread. I just received my Macbook and could not figure out how the cable connected to the power adapter. Now I know :)