is there a carbon fiber back with the apple cutout?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by justinwebb, Jan 24, 2012.

1. justinwebb macrumors regular

I am looking for a carbon fiber back preferably real carbon fiber stick on that has the apple cutout. Most I have seen from element and the likes all cover the apple logo, looking to get one that doesnt cover it as I have the glowing apple logo mod.

2. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

I think you'll probably be hard pressed to find a real carbon fiber back with the apple logo cut out simply because of the material. Like you, all the real ones I've seen are a solid plate. If you aren't against fake carbon fiber, the Teksure skin from Lucky Labs is a great alternative. It's 3M material so it's easy to apply and it's also reusable if you take care of it properly. Plus it's relatively inexpensive at $9.99. Lucky Labs also sells a real carbon fiber stick-on back called the Truskin, but the apple isn't cut out.

SGP and iCarbons have similar products, as well as all the cheap ones on eBay of course, but I can't vouch for the quality of those.

3. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

Like Boston Rhett said, the cutout in true carbon fiber will probably cause fraying in the carbon weave. One other option would be to design a Gelaskin yourself. You could find a carbon fiber pattern online, and the add the apple and iPhone logo to the middle of it.

4. DashSatan macrumors 6502

It isn't real carbon fiber but check out slickwraps. I just got mine and you'd be hard pressed to find anything better for the price. It is excellent.

5. iCarbons.com macrumors newbie

iCarbons.com

We use high quality 3M di-noc vinyl with the logo cutout with the option of a contrasting insert. In this case it can be left out to show the logo mod.

6. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

I can vouch for icarbons as I have their skin on my ipad, iphone, and ipod. Amazing quality and feel and install is a breeze as long as you follow the instructions. I have the black carbon with white apple logo... always have compliments on that combo.

7. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

3m Di-noc vinyl backs are on ebay for $2 or so. They work great.

8. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

yea i know about the Di-noc stuff but was looking for real carbon fiber, I have a sheet of real carbon coming and I am going to attempt to make my own :) I feel I can make one on my own

9. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Do you have the right tools to do it? It's going to look crude if you attempt to use scissors or something. Carbon fiber is extremely hard to work with. Good luck though.

10. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

+1 on The Lucky Labs Teksure skin. I'm using a rear one combined with a black Apple Bumper and a Verizon cover friendly screen protector.

11. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

carbon fiber really isnt that hard to work with, wrapped several things on my car before with it.