Is there a checkbook app that's similar to

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tvith, Nov 12, 2012.

1. tvith, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

tvith macrumors member

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tts.checkbookenhanced&hl=en

First iPhone ever, coming from an Android phone, and I'm having a hard time finding a checkbook that resembles the one I used (the link above) on android. The reason I liked it, and what I'm looking for, is because it was very simple and everything was user input. No fetching my bank account for info, no overly complicated selections. Also, it allowed me to put the time of the transaction, which I don't see as an option for a lot of the finance apps I looked in the App store.
    The other question I have is how to do I view more than 10-20 results in the app stoer? In the Play store (android app store) if I searched for, checkbook, and it returns with 3000 results I'm able to scroll through all 3000 if I wanted to. In the app store I'm only seeing about 10 to 20 apps, is that all the apps there is or is there a setting I have to change to be able to see all available apps.

PS...I'm only interested in the free versions.

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

The problem with FREE is they will not do much more than what you are asking. Most want the ability to sync and back up in case you loose your device. I think Quicken has a decent checkbook that you can use as little or as much as you want. It will not be free.

3. superstardj macrumors regular

Check this on out...

Bankarama is great, very simple to use, you add multiple accounts, doesn't have a field for the time of transaction but does have a "transaction note" section that you can use for the time if you wish (I use it if I leave a tip when eating out, I put "Bill=$100.00, Tip=$22.00")

I think they have a free version which is Bankarama Lite (not sure what the limitations are) but the paid version is only a few dollars and WELL WORTH IT.

I have been using checkbook programs for over 10 years (started on my sony CLIE PDA, to Windows Based Phones, To Iphones, To Droids and back to Iphones) and Bankarama is the best for sure.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

PS..... You get what you pay for.
    I know you want it like this and that way and offcourse not to pay a penny.
    Sounds like a typical android user that never spends a dime on any software and expects it all for free:D

5. tvith thread starter macrumors member

lol can't help it, Android spoiled me. Don't get me wrong I've paid for apps on Android...ok ok I paid for two..haha...only because it was really worth it. But the reason I don't want a paid checkbook app is because i'm not looking for anything extreme. Just want a very simple, very basic app where all info is user input, no connection to my bank account, no push notifications etc. Very basic.

superstardj, thanks for mentioning the tip, cause on my bank account the tips aren't included in the deduction until a few days later and that kind of messes me up. That's why I like apps that don't pull from my account. Plus I liked viewing the app to see if it matches up with my bank account cause there were a few times my bank was taking money out of my account, due to the bank not filing the paper work I submitted and I was able to catch it because the checkbook apps balance didn't match up my banks balance. Needless to say, they put the money bank once I called them.