Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
One thing that irritates me with the stock camera app is that allthough you select flash on, it doesnt turn on before you press the camera button, which irritates me, cause if its pitch black, i cant see what am i taking picture of before i pressed the button.

When shooting video, the flash turns on before i start taping.

So question

1. Is there a cydia app that allows the use of flash to be on before i have taken the picture.

2. Is there a cydia app that allows the use of volume buttons to take a picture

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
If you were lucky enough to get the easter egg version of Camera+ then this allows you to do that. If not, SnapTap is your best bet. There is also Snappy but that's used in conjunction with Activator and is more for activating the camera app than snapping pics.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
i have the latest version of camera+ before it was pulled so i guess i can use that then, great didnt know about that feature.

still getting tips for a app that lets me put on the flashlight before taking a picture, its annoying the hell out of me, im looking at a blackscreen before taking the picture, and thats a pain.

why you can active flashlight on video before recording, and not doing the same with photos is to me a huge flaw.

seems camera+ also allows me to have the flash on before taking pics, great app, shame it was pulled

edit; camera+ is great, allthough it doesnt geotag it seems, which is a shame

Last edited:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
i have the latest version of camera+ before it was pulled so i guess i can use that then, great didnt know about that feature.

still getting tips for a app that lets me put on the flashlight before taking a picture, its annoying the hell out of me, im looking at a blackscreen before taking the picture, and thats a pain.

why you can active flashlight on video before recording, and not doing the same with photos is to me a huge flaw.

seems camera+ also allows me to have the flash on before taking pics, great app, shame it was pulled

edit; camera+ is great, allthough it doesnt geotag it seems, which is a shame
No one is sure why TapTapTap haven't resubmitted the app without the Volume camera button feature. It's almost at a conspiracy level at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.