Is there a decent real alternative to iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lolito, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Lolito macrumors 6502

Lolito

I don't like apple mail, i don't like safari, i don't like iworks, i don't like apple calendar, and apple contacts... and of course, i don't like itunes, specially the last version.

Therefore, the question is, is there a decent alternative to itunes? something that can use the keyboard volume keys and play and pause, and the macbook remote and that stuff.

and if it can sync with itunes library and even handle the ipod, would be awesome...

2. Lolito thread starter macrumors 6502

Lolito

so? no one?

I liked songbird, but it seems to be not very updated lately...

3. wnorris macrumors member

wnorris

http://lifehacker.com/5907085/sonora-is-a-beautiful-music-player-for-os-x-that-puts-your-artwork-front-and-center

Sonora, Enqueue, Vox, Clementine...there are a few. Each is a little different so choose whichever you prefer depending on your tastes.

4. Lolito thread starter macrumors 6502

Lolito

thanks a lot mate. I noticed songbird is totally outdates, clementine is too crappy and vox is not good enough i think. gonna try enque and sonora... and liberate the apple keyboard media keys....

i'll keep this updated with news, to find the best alternative to give up completelly in apple crappy dictatorial, closed and silly software!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

Use Windows? :D

6. Lolito thread starter macrumors 6502

Lolito

i tried all of them and gave up, itunes is the best.

7. bobsax macrumors member

bobsax