Is there a delay/lag with switching apps via multigestures?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vega07, Oct 22, 2011.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

I jailbroke my iPad to use multigestures on my iPad 2 with 4.3.3 and noticed a two-second delay/lag for the program to load. This delay did not occur when switching apps via the multitasking user bar (double tap home button) because the app loaded during the animation.

Is this problem still present with iOS5? I am hoping that Apple figured out a way to actually enable backgrounding for the apps I switch between often.

2. blow45 macrumors 68000

ThEre doesn't seem to be one for the first4-5 in the sequence, but for the rest there is, so if contacts is say 6th it takes in my iPad about two seconds to fill up the contacts booklike frame.

Correction, make that after the 7th or so open app.

3. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks!

Apple did fix it then. The first 5 apps is enough for me as I usually only switch between 2-3 apps for studying and note-taking.

4. blow45 macrumors 68000

Cool! I really love this feature too, was waiting for it for ages, all that double clicking....shhhhisssh...although before your post I didn't realise that it wasn't there because of the back grounding thing, so thanks to you too for explaining this.