Is there a Dell 2409/2410 display coming anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Icaras, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Sorry for yet another display thread, but I am about to get rid of my dual 20" Dell displays in favor of one 24" display now, because honestly, i really miss the 1920 resolution (I used to own an ACD 24"...).

I run Logic so my work does not involve graphic design or photography (though I plan on doing minimal, light photoshopping later). I do however bootcamp windows for some moderate to heavy gaming.

But the main point of this thread is that I've already been looking at the Dell 2408WFP display and have been leaning towards it, mainly for its cheaper price than the U2410 (which I'm sure looks gorgeous but I feel its overkill for music production), and its versatility in position adjustment. I noticed however, that this display has been around for almost two years. Does anyone know if there has been any clues that Dell will supersede this display anytime soon? I've also noticed that this display is a TFT display and neither TN or IPS, so I was thinking Dell may up their next version to IPS, which is one reason why I am hesitant to jump on one now.

2. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

Huh? The U2410 is the replacement - it's only been out ~1 month.

3. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

Thats what I hear. But why the model# change? Haven't they stuck with the 240XWFP model number for the past several years?

And if its the replacement, why is the 2408 still on sale?