Is there a difference in iphones when buying from Bestbuy, Costco, RadioShack, etc.?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvader123, Sep 10, 2014.

1. dvader123 macrumors regular

Just curious because some of these retail stores sell them for cheaper prices than at Apple.

I also ask because I considered getting an iphone from one of the prepaid services like Virgin, but decided against it when I learned that the Virgin iphones were missing features like visual voicemail.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same exact device with the same warranty.
    Some times retailers have sales or bundle free gift cards or other stuff with the purchase of the phone.
    Makes no difference where you buy it.

3. N e e k macrumors 6502

It's probably better buying it there than an Apple store. Less people go there - more stock.

4. comptr macrumors 65816

the Costco guys said they would have a slight discount on the phones and sell Apple care + for 15.00 less.

5. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

Did your Costco know for sure whether they would have iPhone 6 on launch day?

6. pish6969 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if bestbuy will take my iphone 5 and apply that towards my purchase that same day? I'm a verizon customer but I would rather do a clean swap than wait for a verizon gift card in mail which is what they are offering at verizon

7. comptr macrumors 65816

He told me to call 2 days in advance as they get a price Sheet Every week and that will tell them prices and what they get.

----------

They will but they told me they won't buy iPhone that are replaced by apple.

8. pish6969 macrumors regular

? What do you mean? I have a iphone 5. Would like to trade it in and hopefully get something that would go towards my purchase of iphone 6. Am I good?

Not sure what you meant by "iphone that are replaced by apple"

9. comptr macrumors 65816

Well I mean that if you had a problem and apple gives a "new" phone that came out of the white box those phones they won't buy according to the geek squad as they are the ones handling the trade ins.

10. pish6969 macrumors regular

Ok thanks. No I have my original phone so I'm good. Thanks for the info