Is there a difference when restoring from backup VS. setting up new?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joshwithachance, Apr 19, 2011.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I'm about to upgrade to the 4.3.2 jailbreak and don't want to lose any of my settings and stuff so I want to just restore from backup instead of setting up as a new device like I always do. Does this change anything?

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This can often cause weird issues such as unexplained battery drains and crashes. At the same time, I've done it successfully a few times with no ill effects.

3. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

well the main thing I want to keep is my camera roll. is there a way for me to sync it back to the device if I do set up as new?

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

if you are having issues with your current jailbreak, Its good to start fresh, if you arent having issues, go for it and restore from backup

5. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

You could extract the photos from the backup that iTunes has saved on your computer, put all those pics in a certain folder and then choose for iTunes to sync that folder of pictures back to your newly setup iPhone.

6. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

can I sync the photos back through iPhoto somehow? I have them all saved there.