is there a document application like iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by okrelayer, Jan 30, 2009.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I am wondering if there is a good document manageing application similar to iPhoto is for Photos, and iTunes is for music/movies.

I came across this company yepthat.com which is SIMILAR to what i was looking for, but theyre main interest seems to be PDFS haha.

am i crazy for wanting to give something like this a try? I love how iLife manages my home movies, music, photos, live concert dvds ect, maybe im a dreamer..

2. iMacmatician macrumors 601

That is exactly what I've wanted for some time now. I've always thought of maybe a fourth iWork app that kinda consolidates all iWork documents into "Projects," and has skimming abilities etc.

At least someone else is also dreaming… :)

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I have papers. It's very good at what it does, which is essentially a pdf manager. It's intended for scientific journals, though, and has built in searches and browsers for accessing scientific databases online.

It has a very iTunes like interface with a sidebar, information on the right, a very good pdf viewer, tabs and so on. I'm not sure if it is EXACTLY what you are looking for though. They have a demo so you may want to check it out. I like it, but I'm in science, so it makes sense to have it. It's not for your own documents per se, so you can't, say, edit in external program, for example.

It's really just a manager for pdfs and other documents.