Is there A downside to too many Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by spyder52, Sep 1, 2008.

1. spyder52 macrumors member

I have Like 7 pages of App's From The Apple Store. Is there any downside like more crashing and stuff if I have loads Of Stuff From The App Store

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

well personally I am not aware of issues, if you have 7 pages and nothing has gone wrong yet then yeh stick with it, I mean apple have allowed upto 9 pages of icons so ur not at the limit just yet. See how it goes montior any performance issues u may notice

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There seems to be a fairly credible claim that a current firmware bug may cause the device to get caught in a boot loop under certain circumstances that are only triggered by having lots and lots of apps... so you're probably okay, but read this carefully:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=554492

And make sure you stay out of that bug's way.

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Besides the increased risk of an ALoD (Apple Logo of Death) and Apple apologists telling you that you've got too many apps (hehe) I don't think there's anything to worry about. Except the ridiculous install/upgrade times (I'm at 15 minutes per app now, with 70-75 installed) ...

Anyway, good luck! ;)

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Yeah, I'd imagine the more apps you have the longer backup/restores take.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Not if you use iBaReS to do your backups (which is infinitely better than iTunes) ... ;)