Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aspen1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I just bought a Firewire Formac Cd-Rewriter drive not realising the computer I was buying it for (G3 iMac, bondi blue) didn't have a firewire port. The computer does have a couple of USB ports though. Does anyone know if there is any adaptor or hub or anything really that I can use to connect this Firewire cd-rw drive to a USB port? There isn't any PCMIA or ay other card slot.

Any help would be much appreciated as bought this as a Christmas present for sombody and not really much use to them at the moment!

Thanks.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
aspen1982 said:
I just bought a Firewire Formac Cd-Rewriter drive not realising the computer I was buying it for (G3 iMac, bondi blue) didn't have a firewire port. The computer does have a couple of USB ports though. Does anyone know if there is any adaptor or hub or anything really that I can use to connect this Firewire cd-rw drive to a USB port? There isn't any PCMIA or ay other card slot.

Any help would be much appreciated as bought this as a Christmas present for sombody and not really much use to them at the moment!

Thanks.

Doesn't the bondi blue iMac have the mysterious mezzanine slot?

Can you plug one of these in? It will add Firewire and upgrade your processor to 600mhz. You can probably find one on eBay for cheap:

http://store1.sonnettech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_36&products_id=53

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.