Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickey72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
i have mavericks installed on my macbook pro, i did a fresh install, and for the first couple weeks or so everything was ok and then little issues started popping up. fine i understand that a new OS is buggy. but the only one i just can't deal with is having adobe bridge crash almost every 2 minutes or so.

i have the newest version of bridge, and i have 3 or 400 hundred gb free on my HD and i have 16gb of ram.

i would just like to know if anyone has found a remedy for this or should i just go back to mountain lion? thanks for any help!!!

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
i have mavericks installed on my macbook pro, i did a fresh install, and for the first couple weeks or so everything was ok and then little issues started popping up. fine i understand that a new OS is buggy. but the only one i just can't deal with is having adobe bridge crash almost every 2 minutes or so.

i have the newest version of bridge, and i have 3 or 400 hundred gb free on my HD and i have 16gb of ram.

i would just like to know if anyone has found a remedy for this or should i just go back to mountain lion? thanks for any help!!!

What error messages are you seeing ??

Check the console log: Applications >> Utilities >> Console

Leave this open and re-start Bridge and see if any error messages are posted there.

The more info you can provide the more people can help you.

I am running CS6 on Mavericks and I am not having any issues (I know that does not help you, more as a FYI).

Gochugogi

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Sandwich Isles
I'm running CS5.5 Creative Suite under OS 10.9 on a Mini and, 6 weeks out, is still 100% stable and bug free. In fact, the disappearing pointer bug I randomly suffered in PhotoShop under OS 10.8x healed itself with the OS update. It's odd that CS6 is less stable than 5.5. My only complaint about mavericks is my external FW drives won't sleep and I had to switch them to USB.

I'm guessing since problems CS6 under 10.9 isn't common, you must have a software conflict or corruption.

madmacfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
London, United Kingdom
What error messages are you seeing ??

Check the console log: Applications >> Utilities >> Console

Leave this open and re-start Bridge and see if any error messages are posted there.

The more info you can provide the more people can help you.

I am running CS6 on Mavericks and I am not having any issues (I know that does not help you, more as a FYI).

Strange, I'm also running CS6 on mavericks and haven't encountered any problems here. it's been rock solid since i upgraded from ML. Maybe purging the cache in bridge as previously mentioned may help matters. You may also want try doing a SMC and a Pram reset.

phphoto

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I also remember this happened to me a year ago and it was down to a corrupted image in one of my folders. Everytime I selected that folder in Bridge it would crash. Does this happen regardless of what folder you have selected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.