Is there a good reason to upgrade to 4.3.1 (Jailbreak)?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by el-John-o, Apr 8, 2011.

1. el-John-o, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

el-John-o macrumors 65816

Hey all,

So the untethered jailbreak for 4.3.1 is out, I updated my iPhone 4, which was a pain in the butt and I screwed up and lost all my jailbreak apps (no big deal since I didn't have very many and I only had free apps, but still, it was a pain), I ended up having to restore a couple of times, yeah, it was messy. What's worse is I have no idea why I did it, ha!

So, is there any good reason to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 on my iPad (first gen)? Any features I'm 'missing' here? Seems to me like it's not really adding anything of value. Thoughts?

-John

2. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

depends on what OS you are on now I guess.

i just upgraded my ipod touch and also had to restore a couple of times. apparently if you restore from a backup, it causes problems with the new jailbreak... can anyone confirm that? i ended up having to set up as a new (so i lost all settings and game saves) to get some jailbroken apps to work.

3. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm running 4.2.1 now. What new features does 4.3.1 have over 4.2.1? I wasn't able to find anything really substantial.

4. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i end up JB twice using pwnage tool as the first time was full of bugs

much more stable now and all my cydia apps i need on a dialy vasis are working fine

5. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

Good for you.

Anyone care to answer my question though? :confused:

I'm just gonna hold off I guess, looks like it's just airplay, which I don't use.

6. Th3d0ctor macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

4.3.1 didn't bring much but 4.3 brought improvements on AirPlay, safar, added home sharing options, iPad sloder switch option, and added the hotspot feature.

http://www.apple.com/ios/

7. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, it didn't add the hot spot feature for the iPad. But yeah, I'm gonna hold off, nothing really of interest.

8. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

I would upgrade depending on the situation. Do you have SHSH blobs saved for 4.2.1. If you do then upgrade to 4.3.1 and save your SHSH blobs and then downgrade back to 4.2.1 using your 4.2.1 blobs. If you do not have your blobs for 4.2.1 then i would upgrade to 4.3.1 so you can atleast have a set of blobs that is jailbreak compatible in case your 4.2.1 crashes.

9. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

This makes absolutely no sense. Even from 4.2.1 you can save your 4.3.1 blobs.

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I was debating the same thing, I may just upgrade

11. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

12. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I am in the same boat...still on 4.2.1

The slide switch is what has me itching to upgrade. But it has taken me a long time to get things back like I had it on 3.2 when I finally upped to 4.2.1.

Hotspot may also be necessary if ATT continues to crack down on those os use Mify on 4.2.1. Is there any substance to the rumor that they can't really isolate those using MyFi on 4.3.1?