Is there a hand gesture way to wake a sleeping iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kathyricks, Dec 17, 2013.

1. kathyricks macrumors 6502

I find it fustrating that the Air constantly goes to sleep and then to wake it requires (1) locating the invisible power or home buttons and then (2) pressing one of them and then (3) moving the slider to unlock thingy. That's THREE time consuming fiddly steps that must be repeated many times per day whereas on a desktop Mac, just touching any key on the keyboard will wake the Mac.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Change your Auto-Lock timeout? Use the case magnets?

B

3. wtfitsdrew macrumors newbie

wtfitsdrew

if you're wondering if the air has any sort of gestures that the camera will recognize (like the galaxy S 4), the answer is unfortunately no :/

the only thing that might be helpful is increasing the timeout on your lock screen by going to Settings > General > Passcode lock

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

As I mentioned the Smart Case/Smart Cover (or any other case with magnets in the right spots) also give you a simple way to wake/sleep your iPad without having to depress the home button and swipe.

B

5. pat park macrumors 6502a

One of my favorite Jailbreak tweaks for iPad was no home screen. Just press the home button and you go directly to the home screen. For iPhone I think you end the slide to unlock, but for iPad it seems silly. You're not keeping an iPad in your pocket.