is there a headphone splitter for imac ?

new2mac1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
hi everyone.

i have logic pro, and am looking for a headphone splitter so i can obviously listen to what i am producing with a friend. as the built in speakers do not offer much bass depth.. i live in the uk if there are any local retailers to me i can try ???

thanks all

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
I do not see an equalizer or any software for that matter giving the puny speakers in the iMac any more bass extension than it already has.

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
Nope, still nothing. I think you're confusing making the bass louder than actually making it extend deeper. In fact I get just as good results with the iTunes equalizer than Boom's fancy wannabe parametric EQ.

There is only one solution to making the iMac get better bass extension:

Get larger speakers.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Nope, still nothing. I think you're confusing making the bass louder than actually making it extend deeper. In fact I get just as good results with the iTunes equalizer than Boom's fancy wannabe parametric EQ.
I didn't say anything about extending the bass range deeper. Boom does help with increasing volume and amplifying bass beyond what iTunes can do.

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
There is no bass from the iMac speakers to amplify to begin with. They start to rolloff in the midrange.