Is there a **high-end** 17" MBP model available in stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adokimus, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

I know that with the last generation SR MBP, the stores carried a high-end 17" MBP that could be bought off the shelves (no need to order online). My memory might be wrong, but I believe it was the 2.6 GHz processor, 7,200 RPM HDD (160 GB?), and hi-res screen. Has anyone bought a high-res 17" MBP in a store yet? Is there a high-end model available? This would be useful for me, because I could buy it in NH and save on state sales tax as opposed to BTO online and shipping to MA.

Thanks!

2. EricVT macrumors member

There were none in either the Louisville or Cincinnati Apple stores when I called earlier, sadly!

The MBP I want has a 3 week shipping time according to the web site, so I'm playing the patiently waiting game.

3. natharvey macrumors member

stores get shipments of computers daily, except sundays of course, but its a pretty safe bet to say they would have one in stock

4. Adokimus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

I just meant that with the merom (2007 model MBP), they had a 17" high-end combo in stores that had the 1920x1200 res, 2.6 GHz processor, and 160 GB 7,200 RPM HDD. Not just the hi-res screen.

Does Apple have a similar *high-end* package for the Penryn 17" MBP available in stores?

Thanks!

5. MacBooksRock macrumors regular