Is there a history of deleted files?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thedeviltrite, Jan 17, 2008.

1. thedeviltrite macrumors newbie

thedeviltrite

So I get into my iTunes and I'm greeted with the sight of an ! by one of the songs in my playlist. So i double click on it to find the file, but I can't find it. I go back into iTunes, search the finder and find that my entire Queen folder is gone! I hate it when this stuff happens, because honestly it just doesn't to me, I am very careful. Anyways its too late now, but I would like to find out when.

Is there any type of log that would have that information? Someone suggested console to me, but my general filters haven't brought up anything which probably means I just don't know how to use the program.

I'm really afraid that something else may have been deleted as well when the Queen folder was. I feel a rising sense of injustice. Did someone deliberately delete it? Was it just a mistake on my part? And it would give me peace of mind to try and figure it out.

~Kaaryn

P.S. Based on google searches to try and find this information I just want to make it clear: I am not looking for a way to recover the deleted files. I already stole them back from the person I got them from in the first place. I just want to know if somewhere there is a record of it occurring and how I could look at it.

2. hk8899 macrumors newbie

Well... first what operating system are you running?

If your are running leopard and you have a backup drive you could with time machine. If you are running an older version of MAC I don't know how to check.

PS.. If the items were trashed and the trash was emptied there is no way of seeing your files as they get permanently deleted.