Is There A Home Button Hack?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Incredible, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

We all know that if you're on, lets say, the 4th or 5th page on your iPhone. When you click the Home Button, it will take you to the 1st page.

Is there a Hack, that when you click the Home Button, you can assign it to a page that you want it to go to?

Lets say that I'm on page 7, but when I click my Home Button, I go to page 3, because that's the page that I want it go.

Is there anything on Cydia (or anywhere) that allows you to do this type of customization?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Why not just make your home page the page you want to go to most?

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because I want it to resemble the HTC UI as close as possible.

I got 5 pages, and my 3rd page is with HTC Animated Weather. I want to set that page as the main page.

Any way of doing that?

4. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Ever heard of Dreamboard? If not, it fully integrates themes. Further then Winterboard does. And I'm pretty sure there is more then one HTC theme. Might give you exactly what you're looking for.

5. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried DreamBoard with the free Endroid app it comes with. I thought it was cool, but it only gave like 3 pages, and I couldn't figure out how to customize it and to add more themes to it.

[I literally jail broke my phone this morning, so I'm new to all this.]

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

This really doesn't make much sense.myou want to make the 3rd page your home page, so why not just make it your homepage?

But, you may be able to do something with perpagehtml tweak.

7. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I got perpagehtml, and I know that I can just make my 3rd page my home page, but that's not what I'm asking.

I want to be on any page, and press the Home Button, to directly send me to whatever page I assign to it (that page being the 3rd page).

You know, how when you're on like, page 6 on your phone, you press the home button and it sends you to Page 1 (your home screen), well I want to set that function up to any page that I want it to be.

Am I able to that?

Am I even making sense?

8. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I get what you're saying but I don't think you are going to find anything along those lines. Everyone sort of has the mentality of customizing the first screen.

I highly suggest trying Dreamboard again. There is a section in Cydia with Dreamboard themes. I'm sure there is a HTC one in there and the customization with all of them is quite different. Some have a simple editing tool built into the theme. Others don't.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Because he likes how Android's main page is in the center and he wants to swipe left or right to get to pages.

10. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

Sounds like you may of bought the wrong phone...

11. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

lol, well said.

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You're posting this on a sub-forum dedicated to adding new functionality to the iPhone? I love my iPhone with all its JB tweeks, but should my choices be keep it stock or sell it and buy another phone?

OP, I don't think that tweek exists yet.

13. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

I also love my iPhone will all its JB tweeks... But I bought my iPhone because it is an iPhone. If he wants his phone to look like an HTC so badly, maybe he should of bought an HTC...

You don't buy a Camaro and then spend time trying to make it look like a Mustang...

That's all I'm saying...

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That makes no sense. By your logic you should never add a tweek that has appeared on another phone first because it doesn't make your iPhone an iPhone. Do you have a wallpaper behind your icons and do you use folders? What about tethering, official or otherwise? Lock Info? SBSettings? Backgrounder? Well those were on Android phones first, so you shouldn't use them.

As far as your car analogy, I consider JB tweeks to be tuning your Camaro, not turning it into a Mustang. Using HTC icons and an HTC theme would be making your Camaro a Mustang.

15. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I guess this tweak doesn't exist yet.

Is there anyway to request something like this to cydia, and to have them create it?

16. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Maybe an acceptable alternative would be to allow the pages to go in a loop. In other words, keep swiping the same direction and loop thru all the pages over and over.

17. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

18. gladoscc macrumors 6502

It doesn't seem hard, if you're desperate you might want to code it yourself.

19. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know anything about codes and the tools/software required to actually make this.