Is there a iAnnotate-like app for .docx, .rtf, .doc's ?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jprint714, Apr 16, 2011.

1. jprint714, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

jprint714 macrumors member

Hi, I just got an iPad, and I've heard that iAnnotate is great for annotating PDFs. Is there another recommendable app that works for annotating .docx, .rtf, .doc's ?

Also, I'd like to used such annotating apps w/ a stylus, for underlining text.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I haven't found one. I usually just use Save2PDF to convert the document then mark it up with iAnnotate or PDF Expert.

3. jprint714 thread starter macrumors member

follow w/ up stylus questions...

Thanks for your help! What about Doc² HD? Does anyone know if it has annotation features? Thanks!

By the way, has anyone used a stylus for underlining text (and doing other annotations)?

Wondering how well it works, and if there's a particular stylus out there worth using. I'm used to working w/ very fine point pens...

4. WMuntean macrumors regular

What do you mean by annotate? Do you mean comments, as in a track changes feature? If so, then no there are none. Moreover, it looks like there won't be one for a while. People have been complaining about this since day one.

5. jprint714 thread starter macrumors member

I mostly want to mark up text that I'm reading through highlighting, underlining, possibly making bookmarks and creating text notes -- that sort of thing.

6. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Why do you say there won't be one for a while?

7. WMuntean macrumors regular

Highlighting and underlining can be accomplished through Pages, I believe. I would double check that if you consider purchasing it. Commenting via notes is not possible yet.

I've been interested in this feature for a while so I decided to do some searching. What I found from visiting developer websites and forums is that these features have been requested by many, many people and some requests are dated a year, but the devs make no mention of future implementation. Furthermore, office mobile--produced by Microsoft--doesn't have this feature.

I hope someone delivers a product that can do this--they'll have a lot of business--but I just don't see it happening. Just my opinion.