Is there a IM client for Jailbroken phones (2.1 firmware)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajnicho, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Im looking for an IM client for MSN that runs in the background. I cant seem to find one for the 2.1 firmware. I know Fring and Agile done this on older firmwares but is there anything else out there that can do it on 2.1?

Thanks

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

you answered your own question

there is. . .but only for older firmware

3. ajnicho thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didnt exactly answer my own question. I knew there was one for the older firmware, I was asking if there was one for 2.x, to which I dont know the answer to.

Strange no one has developed one for 2.x considering something like this would be much sought after.

4. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

With push notification on the horizon, I imagine there is no reason to put the work into such a development.

5. ajnicho thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I would still prefer it to run in the background. We dont even know when Push notifications will be available? They can't even push email to my phone right now so who knows how long it will be.

I just thought someone would have created one considering the popularity of IM.

6. nocoast macrumors member

beejive is a legitimate app...works really well

7. ajnicho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Im using that at the mo, still doesnt notify me instantly when there is a message. If my app is closed it takes a few minutes for yahoo to forward me the notification. Suppose it will do until the push notification is activated

8. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Steve said "September," for push notification. However, it was pulled from 2.1 at the last moment without explanation.

They've got one more day to live up to that deadline.