Is there a JBing 101 guide somewhere?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mtnbkr, Apr 9, 2011.

1. mtnbkr macrumors newbie

Hi. I really want to JB my iPhone 4 (4.2.1). It's a work phone though so I don't want anything to go sideways on me.

I have been reading this forum for a while now trying to get a checklist of sorts assembled in my head. A lot of the stuff posted is either too advanced for me (maybe that's my first hint to leave my iPhone as is) or deals with very specific issues. Does anyone know of an easy to read "guide" explaining how to JB and then what to do afterwards to take greatest advantage of it? I don't mind jumping in and feeling my way around but every now and then I read a horror story on here with a bunch of responses saying "serves you right - you should have known what you were doing a LOT better than you did before jumping in". I'm not lazy or overly dumb so with just a little help things should be okay. Maybe I should just take the plunge.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks tons.

Mike

PS - the reason I want to JB is to make my iPhone look less Apple-ish. There are a few apps that interest me too (like iblacklist or whatever it's called).

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. mtnbkr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I read that and watched the video earlier. Bookmarked. Not sure if I should upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 though. That's my biggest question right now.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Save your blobs. They're important whether you're jb or not.