Is there a keyboard shortcut for this?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tradingjam, Apr 4, 2009.

  1. tradingjam macrumors newbie

    Nov 28, 2008
    Hi guys,

    You know that button in the top right of all windows which when you press it, minimises the toolbar and just shows the contents of the window (dont know what its called)...

    well is there a keyboard shortcut for this?

    If not - anyone know how I can make a shortcut?
  2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

    Sep 27, 2004
    Knoxville, TN (USA)
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

    Command - M (minimize current window)

    Option - Command - M ( minimize all windows)
  3. tradingjam thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 28, 2008
    Thanks but I meant on the other side - for instance when you press it in finder it hides the toolbar menu and fills the window with the files and folders only. Not the minimizing button on the left hand side
  4. niblum10 macrumors member

    Nov 20, 2007
    not sure if this is what you want, but have you tried command-option-t. I think this is what you're looking for
  5. Remedy156 macrumors newbie

    Apr 2, 2009

    Could this be the button you are talking about?
    I do not know of a shortcut for this.
  6. kostia macrumors regular

    Apr 14, 2007
    niblum10 is right, it's command-option-T.

    A quick way to find out if there's a shortcut is to look at the menus. In this case, it's under the View menu: Hide/Show Toolbar. Command-option-T.

Share This Page