Is there a keyboard shortcut to maximize a window?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eroxx, Aug 10, 2010.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I'm finding quite often that after I minimize a window, I'm having a hard time finding the window again --- I'm used to clicking on the program, but that doesn't do anything, I have to click where it is on the far right of the dock, as it's an open program, but I;d love a way wher eI could just maximize it ... thanks!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I don't know of a keyboard shortcut to do exactly what you want. But in Exposé in Snow Leopard (Four finger swipe down on trackpad or F3/F9 depending on the keyboard) it will show minimized windows in the lower portion of the screen.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know I'm coming from a windows perspective, but I don't understand the point of command/tab if it doesn't open minimized windows??

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I don't know of a keyboard shortcut to maximize a window, but you could experiment with minimizing windows into the program icon, instead of the right side of the dock. The you just click the program icon to maximize the window. Turn it on in System Preferences>Dock>Minimize windows into application icon