Is there a Keynote player for PCs or Macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zub3qin, Dec 9, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

One reason that Keynote doesn't have that much penetration is that there is no Keynote Viewer or Player (like PowerPoint has) for the PC.

I would love to use my Keynote to make a presentation, but most places I present have PCs. It is so much easier to plug a thumbdrive in, rather than bring a mac from home just to give a talk. So I end up using PowerPoint on my Mac.

Why can't Apple do what PowerPoint does and create a small Keynote Viewer for PCs? Then we could save the Keynote presentation, and its viewer onto a thumbdrive and play it anywhere there are only PCs (like 95% of the world)

Simply saving a Keynote file in Powerpoint mode doesn't work, since lots of slide transitions, animations, etc get messed up in the process.

Anyone agree?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There isn't really a need for a Keynote viewer. if you export it to quicktime that keeps everything intact.

3. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

If you have animated objects within one slide, that start moving with a click, do those make it over to QT?

Also the QT file sizes are HUGE - esp with cool transitions. no?

4. Tabaruba macrumors newbie

Big reason to have a player instead of QT or other export solutions

Not only QT files are big (or prone to loss in quality) but they loose all controls over the presentation. The option to export to PPT will keep the controls but loose all (nice) transitions iWork has and turn it into a much weaker presentation.
    iWork is up to this point a tool for Mac users to work on their own presentations when they have 100% control of its date and place — if you are going to a client and your Mac has a problem and you are forced to use your client's PC than all is lost.

5. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Nothing like resurrecting a 2 year old thread from the dead...

6. virtualAThome macrumors newbie

According to this, is there any Keynote player for an iPhone?