Is there a keynote presentation viewer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Daringescape, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Daringescape macrumors regular

May 7, 2003
    Does anyone know of a keynote presentation viewer?

I would like to show keynote presentations instead of crappy powerpoint, but the computer that it HAS to be shown on is a windows box.

EDIT: I know there are other export options, including a powerpoint option, but its just not the same. Plus the export to powerpoint screws everything up.
  2. millap macrumors regular

Aug 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no program on the Windows platform that can open Keynote files natively. The best option that I have come up with so far is to export as a Quicktime movie (available for Windows). This will automatically place a pause between each of your slides, so that you can simply hit the [Space Bar] to proceed to the next slide. You can't easily go backwards, but it does the job for the most part.
  3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Aug 15, 2007
    I always just "print" the Keynote deck as a PDF to share it. That way - even if there was a "viewer" - the receiver doesn't have to download additional s/w (assuming they have a pdf viewer and who doesn't?).