Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
I have a Kindle (in addition to iDevices, lol). I've perused books via the Amazon Prime Lending Library, and it appears to be crap (remind me to cancel before the 30-day auto-renewal kicks in, Ha ha ha).

I've also checked out the local County Public Library selection of e-books, and I'm underwhelmed by their selection.

Does anyone know of a larger, simple to use, inexpensive, and current e-library service or portal?

Thanks!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
As far as I know there are only two options, both of which you're already aware:

1. The Kindle Lending Library, free with Amazon Prime.

2. Your local libraries. Although, investigate your local options. Often you might have access to more than one public library chain.

I'd be interested in something better as well (my local libraries have exorbitant wait-lists for Kindle books), but as they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
As far as I know there are only two options, both of which you're already aware:

1. The Kindle Lending Library, free with Amazon Prime.

2. Your local libraries. Although, investigate your local options. Often you might have access to more than one public library chain.

I'd be interested in something better as well (my local libraries have exorbitant wait-lists for Kindle books), but as they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Agreed. This pretty much sums up your options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.