Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Is there a limit on how many iPhone X you can preorder? As long as the site/app allows?

I’d like to preorder 2 iPhone X but mot sure due to constraint in supply whether there will be a limit on how many iPhone X a single account can preorder. Thanks

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
Is there a limit on how many iPhone X you can preorder? As long as the site/app allows?

I’d like to preorder 2 iPhone X but mot sure due to constraint in supply whether there will be a limit on how many iPhone X a single account can preorder. Thanks

That's the question that is also concerning me, as I need to order 3 iPhones for my family members. I think there will be a limit to 2 iPhones per account. You can even check it out for the iPhone 8 right now. Open the Apple Store App on your iOS device and try to add more than 2 devices into the shopping cart. You'll get an alarm that prevents you from adding more than 2 devices. Hopefully, they won't reduce it down to 1 per account for the iPhone X.

I have never seen Apple issue a limit as to how many phones you can order
As stated above.

goofy810

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
That's the question that is also concerning me, as I need to order 3 iPhones for my family members. I think there will be a limit to 2 iPhones per account. You can even check it out for the iPhone 8 right now. Open the Apple Store App on your iOS device and try to add more than 2 devices into the shopping cart. You'll get an alarm that prevents you from adding more than 2 devices. Hopefully, they won't reduce it down to 1 per account for the iPhone X.

As stated above.
I read its set to 1 per account for the iphone x due to supply issues (thats what the apple store manager told me)

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
There will definitely be a limit of two per order.

I believe the fine print often says two devices per account, too - but that doesn't seem to be enforced.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Does this mean that you can order 2 and send back the colour that you don't want after seeing them both?

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
Does this mean that you can order 2 and send back the colour that you don't want after seeing them both?

Basically, yes.
But this is not an assured fact as we do not know if they are going to reduce the limit to 1 per account.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Like others, I think we will see a limit enforced with the X, and it will most likely be 2. I plan on ordering 1 just to make sure it goes through and then going back for the second.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I didn’t actually preorder the 8, but I went through the motions just to see what the process is like. The Canadian Apple site at least limited me to 2 units max.

djcingular

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Princeton, NJ
My plan is to order both 256GB, then go to the store and check out both colors. This will ensure I get whichever color I love the most.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
My plan is to order both 256GB, then go to the store and check out both colors. This will ensure I get whichever color I love the most.

Do we know when it will be in store though. The 8 wasn’t there for a while after.

Miao Ying

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
Having tested with the apple store app and trying the check out process with an iPhone 8+, it would not let me have more than one iPhone in the bag before check out. It gives an error saying, “Only one carrier-activated iPhone can be ordered at a time. Please make sure only one carrier-activated iPhone is in your bag”. Basically the Apple store app won’t let you proceed to checkout until you reduce your bag to only one iPhone.

I cannot speak on other methods, but if you were thinking of ordering more than one iPhone with the iOS app it won’t let you get any further until you reduce the order to just one iPhone.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
Having tested with the apple store app and trying the check out process with an iPhone 8+, it would not let me have more than one iPhone in the bag before check out. It gives an error saying, “Only one carrier-activated iPhone can be ordered at a time. Please make sure only one carrier-activated iPhone is in your bag”. Basically the Apple store app won’t let you proceed to checkout until you reduce your bag to only one iPhone.

I cannot speak on other methods, but if you were thinking of ordering more than one iPhone with the iOS app it won’t let you get any further until you reduce the order to just one iPhone.
yup, that's why i'm ordering from 2 separate phones simultaneously. Hope my left hand is as good as the right

Miao Ying

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
yup, that's why i'm ordering from 2 separate phones simultaneously. Hope my left hand is as good as the right

I tried this on two separate iDevices and if you are signed on the same account it will share the same checkout cart and you will run into the same issue with it limiting everything to just one iPhone. I imagine using a separate apple account should get around this.. I have no idea if doing a quick consecutive order will work or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.