Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I purchased an XS Max in July and paid a $40 activation fee. I purchased the 11Pro Max on release day and was again charged a $40 fee. Is there a time frame for how long an activation fee is good for?

Thanks

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
Hi

I purchased an XS Max in July and paid a $40 activation fee. I purchased the 11Pro Max on release day and was again charged a $40 fee. Is there a time frame for how long an activation fee is good for?

Thanks

I also bought the Verizon model and put my old sim into it. they did not charge me an activation fee

Reactions: Arndroid

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Activation fee is one of the bigger rip-offs essentially, and I don't really use that phrasing all that often. They really shouldn't be charing you anything, an in particular in cases where they aren't even doing anything (like when you are just activating things on your own through a SIM swap or something along those lines--and unfortunately in plenty of those cases they still do).

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Hi

Thanks

Did you buy the phone from Apple or from Verizon? And did you buy the verizon version or the sim free one?

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
I assume you're a postpaid customer? if you are then a simple chat with customer service can waive that fee..if at first you don't succeed just try again..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.